Friday, April 11, 2014

Peace

Friday, April 27, 2012


I have learned that the only real and lasting peace comes from knowing Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Ghost.  When you can come to Him in complete distress and He can wrap His love around you like a the softest knitted afghan and bring peace to your troubled spirit. That is when you know that you have found real peace. 
          Knowing this truth has caused me to combine two of the most pleasurable things I know.   I knit and pray and thus my peace becomes complete!  These two things have carried me through some rough times in my life, and they have helped me find my way when trouble was on every hand.
          There is a course that flows like this,
                           "The only real peace that I have
                                     Dear Lord is in You 
                            
                             The only real peace that I have
                                                          
                                      Dear Lord is in You

                              Through all life's frustrations                 
                                       I need You and I know I do 
  
                               The only real peace that I have
         
                                       Dear Lord is in you"
dgb

Posted by Debra Burks at 12:29 PM

No comments: